Thursday 7 February 2013

T-6 Days

I realise that you have all been sat in your homes and/or offices doing NOTHING but wait in anticipation for another post from me... Apologies for the delay - but it is a travel blog, and I haven't actually gone anywhere yet so it leaves me with little to say.

I've been unemployed for just over 3 weeks now and I have to say I highly recommend it.  Close this webpage, open up word and write your resignation letters folks - you are wasting precious time!  OK, so watching my precious savings starting to deplete at a surprisingly drastic rate is somewhat alarming but never mind that... You would think that this time has been filled with instilling envy in many of my friends and family by incessantly chatting about my trip but it's actually been quite the opposite. I've had the same conversation so many times with so many different people that I actually don't want to talk about it anymore - I just want to be out there doing it instead! I'll have plenty of time to talk about it when I come back and it'll be much more interesting then... Believe me I won't shut up for ages so enjoy my silence while you can.

So what have I done? Well, I went home to Gibraltar for 10 days to spend some time with family and friends... Spent a fortune on travel essentials such as microfibre towels, hiking boots, money belts and yet another fortune on non-travel essentials such as winter coats, high heels and plenty of other things that I'm clearly not going to wear over the next 6 months.... I'm a weak woman when it comes to shopping.

So now, armed with a thousand vaccinations, malaria tablets, indian visas, bug spray, imodium and sun cream, I'm more than ready to embark on my adventure with just under one week to go. I've even added a special travel folder to my iPod:


The above apps will allow me to do lots of useful things all from the comfort of my iPod Touch (until the apparently inevitable armed robbery that supposedly awaits me in South America according to everyone I speak to) from every day travel stuff like checking in to flights, booking hostels, calculating exchange rates to learning life saving skills such as figuring out which mushrooms in the jungle are edible. You laugh, but when you are next lost in a jungle, you will remember this moment.

Anyways, everyone has been going on about how jealous they are... Here are some weather forecasts to ease the envy. 



Yes, I get to escape sleety London. No, I don't get to lie on a sunny beach. I have unpacked my bikinis and replaced them with a brolly. This post is getting a bit long now so rather than going into the many rainy travel stories I have, I will go straight to the point: I attract rain - expect a lot of it throughout my trip.  Is it because I lied when I was 17? Who knows.



No comments:

Post a Comment