Saturday 8 June 2013

Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur proved itself to be a fun, charismatic and modern city with the stars of the show clearly being the striking Petronas Twin Towers which look impressive from all angles as they pierce the city's skyline. As with Singapore, we were won over by the food with hawkers on every corner serving up tasty dishes of all descriptions. Culinary highlights included the satay, my first taste of durian (yes, I did quite like it believe it or not), beautiful roasted chestnuts, the juiciest clams ever and a typical Malaysian breakfast of nasi lemak (coconut rice with anchovies, egg and spicy sambal).
We were lucky enough to be shown around by a friend we met in Perhentian who took us to a beautiful waterfall on the Chiling river just outside of KL. After surviving a trek through the jungle and several clumsy river crossings we relaxed to the sounds of water crashing down the cliffside - I'm told that it's a popular Malaysian pastime to spend weekends trekking past rivers and swimming at waterfalls and having had an awesome day out I can easily see why.
With hundreds of air conditioned malls to choose from, we naturally indulged in more shopping and even stopped by an Indian palm reader who kindly  informed me that I'm going to meet my husband at 27, which gives me all of 2 weeks to find the poor unsuspecting sod... For some reason I'm a little dubious of the accuracy of this reading so relax all you eligible bachelors; I think you are safe for now! Cata and I are too busy protecting the Universe...



The Petronas Twin Towers:





New friends and awesome food:


Chiling river:


A roller coaster in a shopping mall? Well why the hell not...




2 comments:

  1. Keep the blogs coming Kate! Love em.

    ReplyDelete